Monday, October 24, 2011

Seven Rules of Management


I read the following Rules in the book "Brain Rules". For a change, these seven rules of management are from a toddler's perspective.


If I want it, it is mine. 
If I give it to you and change my mind later, it is mine.
If I can take it from you, it is mine.
If we are building something together, all of the pieces are mine.
If it looks just like mine, it is mine.
If it is mine, it will never belong to anybody else, no matter what.
If it is yours, it is mine.


I am sure these will bring a smile to anyone who has seen a baby growing up, from close quarters. The not so funny part is that you will come across adults trying to enforce these rules in real life or when working together in projects. working with them is one of the more interesting parts of project management. :-)


*image copyright CartoonStock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment