Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Whoever you are holding me now in hand"

Fighting to hold on to a certain standard in life is not easy. It comes with its own struggles, plagued by anxiety and self doubt. In my struggle to manage projects in a better manner, a way where good project management is a way of life, i have had my share of successes and failures.

But one thing is for sure. I have travelled too far in this path to drop everything and go back.

Over to Walt Whitman now from "Leaves of Grass".

Whoever you are holding me now in hand.
Without one thing all will be useless,
I give you fair warning before you attempt me further,
I am not what you supposed, but far different.
Who is he that would become my follower?
Who would sign himself a candidate for my affections?
The way is suspicious, the result is uncertain, perhaps destructive,
You would have to give up all else, I alone would expect to be your sole and exclusive standard.
Your novitiate would even then be long and exhausting,
The whole theory of your life and all conformity to the lives around you would have to be abandon'd,
Therefore release me now before troubling yourself any further, let go your hand from my shoulders,
Put me down and depart your own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment